For Home Learning this week
- Try to read your reading book or another text daily and sign your reading record when you do (you could also use the Oxford Owl website or read a book or magazine from home)
- Phonics - we are revising Phase 3, specifically 'ai', 'th' and 'igh' this week. You can practice reading and writing the sounds or you could write them on a piece of paper and hide them to play a sound hunting game.
- Try the Maths activity that is saved on this page (due back on Monday 5th October). The calculations are similar to last week so that the children become confident with answering them and they can answer them with more speed.
- Vocabulary - some key words that we will be using this week are... hard, soft, rough, smooth, shiny. You may wish to discuss these words at home and find out what they mean.
- Spellings - I have attached the words on this page. There are 8 words with the focus on 'a'. We will test them in a blue spelling book next Monday.
You could try something from the Enrichment grid if you choose.
Keep sending pictures and videos of your Home Learning via Tapestry as it has been great to see what you have been doing!
Finally, please let me know if you would like a printed copy of the spellings, Maths or enrichment grid and I can put a copy in your child's bookbag.