Hatch Ride Primary School is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity in education for all pupils. We will endeavour to remove any obstacle that may prevent a child reaching his/her full potential. We believe that all children should be equally valued and their beliefs and cultures equally respected.
Equality Statement Overview
At Hatch Ride Primary School we believe that everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. We acknowledge and pay due regard to the Equality Act 2010 which prohibits direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation of people on the grounds of protected characteristics these being disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation and age.
We will have due regard in the day to day policies and practice of our school to the need to:
• Eliminate unlawful discrimination
• Advance equality of opportunity
• Foster good relations between people from different equality groups.
Our Vision and Aims for Equality and Diversity
We will treat everyone at Hatch Ride Primary fairly and with equal respect so that all members of our school community can be free to learn, enjoy and reach their potential.
At Hatch Ride Primary School we will ensure that we:
• Tackle all discrimination including on the grounds of race, disability, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
• Positively advance equality within our school for adults and children.
• Create good relationships in the school between all groups by race, gender/gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief and age.
• Promote equality of opportunity for all.