At Hatch Ride we recognise the clear connection between regular attendance and achievement and will, therefore, work in partnership with parents/carers, the school’s governing body, The Corvus Learning Trust MAT and the Local Authority to ensure that pupils achieve maximum possible attendance.
We expect that all pupils will:
- Attend school every day for the entire duration of the academic year unless there are good reasons for their absence;
- Arrive at school on time;
- Be appropriately prepared for the day; and
- Bring to the attention of their class teacher any issues that may affect their school attendance.
We expect that all parents/carers will:
- Ensure they are fully aware of the Hatch Ride's attendance policy, their legal responsibilities with regard to their child’s education and the requirement to ensure their child’s regular attendance at school;
- Ensure their child attends school every day throughout the academic year unless school has approved the leave of absence;
- Ensure their child arrives punctually and prepared for the school day;
- Telephone the school each day if their child is unable to attend due to illness or any other unavoidable circumstance;
- Provide a written explanation for the absence when their child returns to school, including providing medical evidence where requested;
- Avoid making medical, dental or other appointments during the school day;
- Notify school of any issues that may affect their child’s attendance; and
- Advise school immediately of any changes to contact details.