Playground Friends and Champions have a very big role to play at Hatch Ride during lunch times. Playground Friends’ are a group of Year 4 & 5 children from each class who are equipment monitors, playground supervisors and behaviour role models. 'Playground Champions' are Year 6 children that have been trained to help children with problems such as if they have fallen out with their friends.
- They meet twice a term to discuss issues in the playground. Their main roles are: Making the playground a fun place to be!
- Setting a good example and act as a role model.
- Playing games with as many different pupils as possible.
- Speaking to playground supervisors if there are any problems.
- Helping with the set up and clear up of playground equipment.
- Looking out for children at the ‘Friendship Bench’.